This year you might see Dev Adelman showing off latest fashions or racing down a ski slope, when she’s not hitting the books. Dev is a very busy lady but she took a few minutes to speak to us:
1. What do you think of when someone says DSC? I think of a very inclusive and supportive organization where people can go for help.
2. What is your favorite activity that the DSC puts on? The DSC’s Fashion Show. It is so fun to strut my stuff and support each other.
3. What is your favorite activity outside of the DSC? Definitely skiing. Our first meeting with Special Olympics is this Saturday and I am very excited for it.
4. What do you want people to know about you? I have been given opportunities that are inclusive and supportive for the DSC. I really enjoy being on the DSC’s Board of Directors and being a self-advocate. I will also soon be speaking at a panel discussion for the ARC of King County.
5. What do you want people to know about Down syndrome? This is something I was born with. People should learn and know about it. If bullies start learning about it, they will treat all people with respect. Also it’s really important to know that people with Down syndrome can go to college too. I am finishing my second year.
Thank you Dev for showing us that we can do anything when we put our minds to it!